Monday, April 24, 2006

The Girls

Bella and new born

Looe and Bow

Dusk (Big cow to get close to!)

Dusk

Looe

Dusk

Dawn and Dusk (Best Friends)

Bow and Noire

Cow Love

Dusk and Bow

Bow, Noire and Bella

This is Summer 1999. And the first time with a field of pregnant cows. Looe had difficulty giving birth on her own so we had to call the farmer and then my Dad and I helped pull the calf out. Plus they didn't like me being in the field so much, they were very protective of their young, but they got used to me and only if I didn't come in between them and their calves. 4 calves were born in no more then a week. It was a hot, lazy Summer and it was this year that I first really got into photography. The pictures were more thought out, especially the long ones and always the animals were very photogenic! Also the names were getting better. Looe was named after a fishing village in Cornwall and Bow a small town in West Devon. Again they would come to the gate for fresh leaves and grass and I would walk down with them all following behind. I really miss those days, I'm hoping this year it'll be like old times!

Emy x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home